What is an iBod?
iBod’s are adult volunteers (young and not so young adults) who are eager to serve in a variety of ways at the Gathering to help the program planners prepare and present their sessions. A variety of needs and skills are required to be filled.
This program is designed to offer you meaningful tasks that will develop your leadership abilities as well as “get stuff done” at the Gathering. Volunteers will be matched to different program teams in order to help them accomplish their specific area of the program.
- Confirmed member of a Lutheran Church-Canada or LCMS congregation
- Love for God and for youth
- Recommended and supported by your Pastor
- Criminal Record Check submitted to the registrar
- 19 years old or older
- All adults (persons age 18 and over) attending the Gathering must provide an original 2019 police check (vulnerable sector) to the planning committee registrar. The original document will be returned to you after the Gathering and we will keep a copy for our records. If your police department offers a discount, we will provide you with a volunteer letter for your police department. This is done out of a desire to protect the youth and to see to their safety to the best of our ability.
- Have a servant heart and be committed to performing specific volunteer tasks during the NYG (We will endeavour to arrange for you to attend as many large group sessions as possible as well as be a part of other programming, too)
- Be able to attend the entire NYG at Trinity Western University – July 5th-9th, 2019.
- Provide their own transportation to and from the NYG
- Submit an iBod application form with your 2019 police check (vulnerable sector check) arranged by the local police department and a church reference